Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yaadh nahi kya kya dhekha

Yaadh nahi kya kya dhekha tha saare manzar bhool gaye
I have forgotten every sight I knew; don't even recollect what all I saw

Uski galiyom se jab loutte apna bhi ghar bhool gaye
Returning through her streets, I forget the way to my own home

Khoob gaye pardes ki apne dheevaaro dhar bhool gaye
Having gone abroad, you have even forgotten the blocks that made your home

Sheeshmahal ne aisa ghera mitti ke ghar bhool gaye
Fascinated by the house of glass you are, you have forgotten our home made of mud

Thujhko bhi jab apni kasme apne vayade yaadh nahi
When you don't even remember your oaths and your promises,

Hum bhi apne khaab theri aankhon mei rakh kar bhool gaye
I better forget my dreams within thy eyes that stay shut

Mujhko jinhomne khathl kiya hai koyi unhei bathlaye Nazir
Nazir, may someone tell her, the one who stabbed me through the heart

Meri laash ke pahloo mein wo apna khanjar bhool gaye
That she forgot her dagger below the feet of my dead body

[manzar = sight,view]
[khanjar = dagger]
[pehloo = below the feet]

No comments:

Post a Comment